SCHOOL COUNSELING MISSION STATEMENT
The Department of Counseling and Mental Health strives to develop well - rounded citizens through comprehensive school counseling programs. These programs will utilize research - based, data - driven interventions and programs to promote the MCPS Seven Keys to College and Career Readiness, and promote thriving schools through programs and initiatives that encourage personal, social, emotional, and academic growth.
The Department of Counseling and Mental Health envisions a future where key student needs are met and supports are in place to foster development of well - rounded, informed, independent, and purpose - driven citizens who make a significant impact in their community.
• Each student has inherent worth.
• Each student has the potential to succeed in LIFE as Lifelong learners, Independent thinkers, Fearless innovators, and Exemplary citizens.
•Each student should have access to a high quality comprehensive counseling program, regardless of ethnic, cultural, racial, gender, economic, or special needs differences.
• A high quality comprehensive school counseling program will remain relevant and effective through use of data to design, implement, and evaluate its services.
• Collaboration with students, families, stakeholders, and community partners is crucial to meeting the needs of students.
• In abiding by the American School Counselor Association Ethical Standards for School Counselors